May 26, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 PM ET
Please join us on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EST), when Tony Sondhi, (author, consultant, investment advisor, former EITF Member and one of the preeminent experts in the fields of revenue recognition, Lessee and Lessor Accounting for Lease, Securitizations, Statement of Cash flows – reporting and analysis, and financial reporting risks), presents the second webcast of our new webcast series on the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for financial reporting. Tony will discuss selected issues raised by the effects of COVID-19 on the recognition (timing), measurement (amount), and uncertainties (disclosures) of the events and transactions for reporting entities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each webcast in this series will address one or more issues you as a member of your company’s financial reporting team need to know about reporting events, contractual rights and obligations, and transactions. This webcast will focus on the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for variable revenue streams that are a result of performance awards or penalties. This class of variable revenue streams enable the seller to earn (or avoid) the entire performance bonus (or penalty). You will learn about the following critical concepts and their practical application (among others) in this webcast series:
- What you need to know about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on variable revenue streams with performance rewards or penalties
- Whether your company needs review or develop new estimation, measurement, and other reporting requirements
- How to integrate recognition, measurement and disclosure requirements and their implications for reporting software
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webcast is critical for those members of the financial reporting teams responsible for, and all team members participating in, revenue reporting at their firms, and the members of the financial reporting and investor relations team in your company. Staff accountants, internal and external auditors, financial reporting managers, controllers, CFOs, and financial analysts responsible for financial reporting, presentation, and analysis of issues at their companies as well as all users of financial statements will find this webcast useful.
OBJECTIVES AND PREREQUISITES
This webcast is designed to help you better understand the critical considerations of the recently issued and potential reporting requirements Upon completing this webcast, you will:
- Learn about revenue reporting
- Improve your understanding of the financial reporting risks related to revenue transactions,
- Obtain key takeaways from public and non-public company reporting perspectives
- Understand potential implications for your firm.
Given the introductory nature of this webcast, there are no prerequisites to attending this webcast.
This Group Internet-Based course will be CPE eligible provided through Softrax. Earn +1.0 CPE Credit with your full participation.